There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Company is very backwards in there hiring nature

Current Employee - Roll Tender in Warsaw, IN
Current Employee - Roll Tender in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time

Pros

Pay Check , Close to Home

Cons

Very favored it's all in who you know hiring people off of the street for positions that already employed people could fill with less training and all that goes with this area

Advice to Management

Have some Integrity

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Inept lower management who are trying to save their high-paying jobs in a dying industry.

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers who are conscientious about their work.

Cons

Inept lower management: dictatorial, condescending, unethical, intimidatory. Quick to reduce work hours for hourly workers when business get slow. 1% raises. No opportunity for career growth (because the industry is dying and people are staying put). Stale atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Recognize the fact that the print industry is contracting at an exponential pace. In order to stay alive long-term the industry must transition itself into other communication media.

Wish I knew than what I know now

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are great. Close to home. Good hours.

Cons

Not having the right equipment . Bad pay increases (however I am personally ok with where I am at pay wise - just have taken on more work and not really seeing the benefits of having done that - 1% accross the board - that is what I mean by bad pay increases.). Unreasonable demands. Have priorities messed up. Absolutely no work/life balance. If I knew than what I know now I would not have taken the job.

Advice to Management

Please please listen to your employees. We know what we need to do our jobs yet some in upper mgmt think they know better and it warrants no further discussion period. As far as work/life balance...having managers just flippantly say..well you will just have to work overtime, instead of really looking further ahead is just not the right thing to say. I have watched people come in with great attitudes and desire to learn and do a good job - than after awhile just do not care any more. This is clearly a mgmt issue. Please just have an open mind.