Lost in Corporate America

Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Centennial, CO
Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Centennial, CO

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits programs that allow the employee a decent range of empowerment.

Cons

Becoming nothing but a number instead of an important and contributing member of the company.

Advice to Management

Less bureaucracy and more family like atmosphere.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

An expendable asset

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers, interesting work, mostly.

Cons

Big and very impersonal company. Try and make you feel "part of the team" until it's time to cut cost and you're discarded like a fast food wrapper. Then they get their branch in India to to take up the slack.

Advice to Management

Don't forget that PEOPLE work for you. My own supervisor was in tears we she told me that the upper mgmt folks told her to cut me loose. She had no say in the matter.

Stuck in the land of broken promises...

Former Employee - Manager in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Manager in Logan, UT

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The health insurance is affordable and they have several options of coverage. The job is pretty stable if you stick the rules and know the system.

Cons

Poor management and communication. Lack of training or support. No mentoring from upper management. Rewards mediocrity. In the last few years, RRD froze pensions but gave back a company match for 401K. Then, the next year, they took that away too. They promise a bonus structure, and when we meet the matrix THEY set, they decide not to give the promised bonus. If you work hard and stand out, they consider you a threat. You learn to blend in and just do what everyone else is doing, you get paid the same.

Advice to Management

Take the time to know your middle managers. Let them weed out the bad employees and give them the ability to financially reward top performers. Create a path for people to move up and build up the company in the process. Your stock price is in the can because what you are doing is not working. The bump you have had is from what you stole back in broken promises.