R.R. Donnelley

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Nightmare Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was okay, that's about it.

Cons

Expensive benefits. Old boy culture with clueless, ruthless management. Atmosphere of harassment, intimidation and bullying. No sick leave. If you do get sick, you live in fear of losing your job until you're better. Some good co-workers, but all lived in fear and resentment. Any concerns or complaints are ignored. The HR department is a joke, If you complained to HR about anything, you were labeled a "loose cannon" and would be targeted and eliminated.

They should all be replaced. Everyone at Donnelley knows that to get ahead in the company, it's not what you know, but who you know. Treat your staff with some respect and compassion.

485 Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley (View Most Recent)

Hired as a Temp for 1.5 years, no benefits, & equipment is falling apart.

Current Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In this economy it's hard to find a job, so I'm thankful to have a pay check.

Cons

Working through a temp service is the worst. I have the government robbing me from one side and the temp service robbing me from the other.

If you have loyal employees, show them you appreciate them. Fix the equipment, your lack of proper maintenance, looks like you don't care. So why should we?

Doing more with less is a fine idea, until you just don't have enough to get the job done.

Former Employee - Production Manager
    Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good technology, good people, good customer base if you can keep them.

Cons

The company is exercising a death wish by trying to run multi-million dollar operations with no management or supervision. Trying to do too much with too little. Everyone is working as hard as they can, putting in tons of hours to try to cover everything. Then the next year it happens all over again with no changes. Long time, loyal employees are getting fed up and leaving.

What didn't work last year isn't going to work any better this year. Listen and apply the ideas of the people doing the work. There is no economy in being understaffed; overtime charges and lack of focus from overworked employees is hurting the business. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THE SAME THING YOU SEE WITH ALL PUBLIC COMPANIES - TRYING TO MANAGE FOR THE NEXT QUARTERLY REPORT INSTEAD OF WHAT IS BEST FOR RUNNING AND GROWING THE BUSINESS.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley