There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Nightmare Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was okay, that's about it.

Cons

Expensive benefits. Old boy culture with clueless, ruthless management. Atmosphere of harassment, intimidation and bullying. No sick leave. If you do get sick, you live in fear of losing your job until you're better. Some good co-workers, but all lived in fear and resentment. Any concerns or complaints are ignored. The HR department is a joke, If you complained to HR about anything, you were labeled a "loose cannon" and would be targeted and eliminated.

They should all be replaced. Everyone at Donnelley knows that to get ahead in the company, it's not what you know, but who you know. Treat your staff with some respect and compassion.

472 Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley (View Most Recent)

Hired as a Temp for 1.5 years, no benefits, & equipment is falling apart.

Current Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In this economy it's hard to find a job, so I'm thankful to have a pay check.

Cons

Working through a temp service is the worst. I have the government robbing me from one side and the temp service robbing me from the other.

If you have loyal employees, show them you appreciate them. Fix the equipment, your lack of proper maintenance, looks like you don't care. So why should we?

Stay away unless you enjoy being treated as a personal piggy bank for the company

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Flexible work schedule
    -Telecommuting options
    -Pockets of good mid-level managers

Cons

-Company notoriously pays between 0 to 2.5% raises over the last several years. 2013 was 1% increase across the board. 2012 was 0% increase across the board. I can't wait for this year!! <sarcasm>
    -Upper level management fails to convey future planning to employees. It seems like the employee is kept in the dark about most subjects and are never included in discussions about the future of the company. Unless the employee is part of some clique, it is nearly impossible to get an idea on where the company is headed.

NUTS!