R.R. Donnelley

www.rrdonnelley.com

Workload is often seasonally dependent

Material Handler (Former Employee) Mattoon, IL

ProsThe amount of work required is often flexible. During slower periods you can give away your overtime or take others if they do not want it. It is often slow enough that there is no overtime and people will ask for any that may come your way. The work is somewhat physically demanding, but after awhile it becomes second nature and is not too terrible.

ConsThe printed medium is becoming more and more outdated as people digitally transfer their subscriptions of magazines or book purchases to their tablets. This is leading to the cutting of jobs and those left employed are having to singly do what 4 or 5 years ago multiple people did. During the busy periods you will often be at work more than anywhere else with plenty of forced overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you are not putting too much work on the employees, especially physically. Other companies are increasing their wages while Donnellys stays behind. RR Donnelly used to be one of the highest paid manufacturing jobs in the area, now its one of the lowest paying.

This company can be trying

Press Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Decent pay and you will be taught a trade. Cons: A high stress work environment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A bad environment, pay and benefits are dwindling.

Operator (Former Employee) Breinigsville, PA

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The work is simple and usually easy. Not much physical demand. Some employee discounts are available that can actually be used by low level employees. Okay… Cons: Very weak leadership, most people at supervisor or lead levels have no business being there. They do not have many people in the building that… Advice to Senior Management: If you are going to claim that the company is a family and that we're all one company than live it. It only makes things… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on R.R. Donnelley.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!