I think its a good place to work.

Current Employee - Material Handler  in  Lancaster, PA
Current Employee - Material Handler in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

There is good money to be had. When we are not that busy you have the oppurtunity to sign up to have off or the option to stay. While the ecomomy is struggling with some work ethic you have the oppurtnity to get the overtime that you need to get through this tough ecomnical time. We have wonderful managment in our department they will try to work with you whenever you can when life gets hectic. As an example with the swine flu going around you do not get an occurence for taking off if you have a fever. Although 12 hour shifts may be forced, the extra money is supporting my family. I would rather overworked and make personal sacrifices then to be underworked and not be able to provide for myself and my family. In my plant everyone is like a family we take very good care of one another and worry about each other when one is sick or out for personal reasons.

Cons

The only cons to working at Donnelley is only getting 4 days off a month when most people get 8. But eventually you get used to that also.
THrough the years, we have watched our health insurances benefits go down rather then up but we still have better benefits the almost any company that isnt union.

I honestly have no advice to give to our managment at the moment. I personally think every thing is going well.

The lancaster plant is the best.

Other Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Great place to gain hands-on experience

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

Plenty of exposure to high level management. Staff is always looking to educate you about their duties and why they are so proud of their work. No endless days by the copy machine. Management actually promotes input from "young minds" as to not fall behind in the market place. Management was very proactive in giving the interns exposure to client meetings and product details. We were treated as valuable assets to the company. I'm sure there are very few billion-dollar companies that have a CEO that takes the time to speak with interns regularly and keep in contact with them after the internship has ended.

Cons

Other than the use of IBM Lotus Notes, the company is great. It does seem that they are working to replace the system.

Upgrade the computer systems and other in-house technologies as soon as it's financially responsible for the company. Many employees are eager to see replacement.

A place to go in the middle or end of your career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Good understanding of systems
    Good understanding of policy implementation to facilitate change and order for department.

Cons

Lack of promotions and/or development for top performers
    Need to upgrade computers

Understand the importance of promoting and/or developing top performers.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!