R.R. Donnelley

www.rrdonnelley.com
  www.rrdonnelley.com
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

R R DONNELLEY IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AND YOU CAN ADVANCE IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WISH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

The benefits of working here are very good. it is not hard work but there are plenty of overtime
that is sometimes required of an employee during the year. management does care & there are
some good "incentives" also in a year's time that you will get. i think that if a person is looking for a good job with hours & benefits then RRD is the place to be.

Cons

There are just a few "downsides" of working at RRD. sometimes you will have to work "holidays"
& being away from family is not good when this happens. there is a "busy" time during the year
but that is where the money is made. that is really the only "negative" that could be a "positive"
depending on whether you want to work the hours.

the only advice i would give would be to be able to spend more "family" time & not have to work
on some of the scheduled holidays as mentioned above.

496 Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley (View Most Recent)

The Job pays well, but the benefits are very, very bad.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

Pay is decent, workplace is convenient.

Cons

1.) Very expensive health care with very poor coverage compared to other companies.
    2.) Management tends to stick around for a very, very long time leading to very little opportunity for career advancement.
    3.) Absolutely no college tuition reimbursement, no requirement that its employees pursue any type of education (training or otherwise) to better themselves or the company.

If you want to retain the TOP employees and have them contribute 150% effort in making RRD succeed, you need to:

1.) Provide better health benefits at lower costs.
    2.) Tuition reimbursement for Advanced degree programs should be reinstated.
    3.) Mandatory yearly training (or seminar) to keep up on trends

Without these three simple changes, your employees will contribute to RRD exactly what they perceive Donnelley thinks about them. Right now, especially with record profits, its very clear that Donnelley does not care about its employees. The sad thing is, 80% of companies in the marketplace provide these benefits and much more like child care reimbursement, etc.

We have lost several potential interviewees after they looked into our benefits package and compared it with other offers.

The longer I stay, the more discouraged I feel. This is not a good feeling to have about a company you would like to feel proud about.... and many, many people feel this way.

I want a career, and I think I have only a job right now.

It's o.k. to take care of your employees

Current Employee - Production Planner in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Production Planner in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

Good for job security, no dealing with family issues of small companies. opportunity for employment in other locations

Cons

Wall Street - Stockholders come first at the expense of workers

Listen to the workers, stop taking shortcuts and understaffing critical departments, allow employees to have a better life outside of work - happy employees will always net better employees

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley