RAINN
www.rainn.org Washington, DC 50 to 149 Employees

The Online Hotline

Staffer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsI love working on the online hotline because of my fellow staffers and the work being done. There are so many passionate and talented individuals working for this very important cause. Although it can be emotionally draining and a lot on top of my other job, especially because we are so short staffed, it is rewarding.

ConsI really don't think the management at RAINN or office staff value the online hotline staff which is unfortunate because they are doing the brunt of RAINN's direct service work. The turnover on the hotline has become insane...long time staff are leaving left and right because they feel overworked, unappreciated, and undervalued. The pay is also minimal so it is the kind of thing you do part time on the side or in addition to many other jobs. I work with the most amazing people so it disappoints me to see so little investment in appreciating all the incredible work being done.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really recommend hiring a few full time staff with benefits and regular pay and supplement them with part time staff to reduce the stress of the turn over. You cannot pay rent here by working full time so it causes people to balance so many commitments and it negatively impacts the morale and the retention. I also think that investing a little more time and energy in making hotline staff feel appreciated and valued will help.

Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RAINN

Pros: Good organization, committed to a great cause, good location, fun… Cons: disorganized, whoever had the skills was responsible, no accountability, no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Interning at RAINN has pushed me to learn new things and take on more roles.

Intern At RAINN (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at RAINN

Pros: RAINN is a very small organization so you are really going to be involved. Most "departments" have 3 or 4… Cons: There's not a lot of recognition for what you do. This is common at non-profits, but no one is patting you on the back after… Advice to Senior Management: Take the possibility of paying interns - even minimum wage. There… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on RAINN.

Worked for RAINN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RAINN reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by RAINN employees.