RAINN

www.rainn.org

Interning at RAINN has pushed me to learn new things and take on more roles.

Intern At RAINN (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsRAINN is a very small organization so you are really going to be involved. Most "departments" have 3 or 4 full time staff, so you will not be doing random office tasks but really involved in the success of the organization.

ConsThere's not a lot of recognition for what you do. This is common at non-profits, but no one is patting you on the back after a job well done. In addition, it is unpaid and you end up doing a lot of work that a real staff member would typically be doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the possibility of paying interns - even minimum wage. There should also be more communication between interns, supervisors and other departments.

Great staff. Important work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RAINN as an intern

Pros: Allows junior staff to take on projects that they may… Cons: The work culture expects a lot of their staff but… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the communication open. Definitely an open door policy but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

You're better off finding a job elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RAINN

Pros: Gain experience in the social work field or in victim advocacy. Other hotline staff are incredibly supportive… Cons: Huge divide between hotline staff and the rest of the office staff. The office staff ignores the hotline staff and pretends like they do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on RAINN.

Worked for RAINN? Contribute to the Community!