RAND

www.rand.org

Full of dedicated, hard working, and smart individuals (Geeks you'd want to have a beer with)

Project Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe system of matrix management and the internal labor market allow for very flexible and interesting opportunities, while helping to ensure that people try hard to work well together. If you're over worked, it's easy to "share your load" since everyone needs to take on work to get paid.

ConsThere is a dark side to the "internal labor market." it can be stressful ensuring that you always have just the right amount of project work on your plate.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do a great job communicating where the company is and where it is likely to be next year. I'd like to hear more about what we need to position the company for even more success 5-10 years down the road. In other words, what do we need to do in order to get a huge pat on the back or a "wow" from the rest of the country for our 75th anniversary?

At the cusp of something.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at RAND full-time for less than a year

Pros: Smart and friendly research staff are the majority - opportunities… Cons: RAND's Information Systems department is a ship lost at sea with out a captain; in this perfect storm, her crew are led by a multitude… Advice to Senior Management: RAND used to be a household name, a braintrust synonymous with intellectual capital and thought leadership. RAND has a rich legacy, but its place does not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

RAND is a great place to work. Smart people, interesting problems, flexible work conditions.

Senior Researcher (Current Employee)

I have been working at RAND full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. Work on problems that are at… Cons: Not many. It is a "soft money" research organization, so you have to build up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on RAND.

Worked for RAND? Contribute to the Community!