RCN
www.rcn.com Princeton, NJ 5000+ Employees

Good lower level management, decent organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at RCN full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people that are left are the cream of the crop, so there's some quality employees there. Compensation is good, and the company has survived through some tough times.

ConsLack of growth, both the product and within the organization. Upper level management decisions often seem illogical and poorly communicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow the business - it's been stagnant too long. What once was a progressive cutting edge business is now stale and stagnant. Hang on to good employees - too many VP's making poor choices.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

I worked at RCN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I worked with many terrific and talented people. We worked so well as a group,… Cons: Management focused on short term strategies and we always wondered… Advice to Senior Management: Work on long-term strategies that focuses on improving customer retention,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

IT`s ok if you just need a job and plan to move on

Customer Service (Current Employee)
Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at RCN

Pros: Managment is fair and able to talk to . They… Cons: Well benefits such as 401k suck little match and have to be here a year before you get it. Commissions are taxed in a separte… Advice to Senior Management: Change the 401k Match and don`t show bad graphs in… More

There are newer reviews on RCN.

Worked for RCN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RCN reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RCN CEO Jim Holanda. All reviews posted anonymously by RCN employees.