RCN

There are newer employer reviews for RCN

Marketing Internship

Former Employee - Marketing and Sales Intern in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Marketing and Sales Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at RCN as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Experience, Friendly Environment, Involved from day one. Management genuinely cared about interns involvement and development, gave us a wide variety of tasks from sales to market modeling on excel.

Cons

It's a relatively small company that doesn't quite occupy a niche in the cable market given it's limited resources. In order to be successful, it will need a unique strategy to avoid head on head competition with the major players in the industry.

34 Other Employee Reviews for RCN (View Most Recent)

Good lower level management, decent organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at RCN full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people that are left are the cream of the crop, so there's some quality employees there. Compensation is good, and the company has survived through some tough times.

Cons

Lack of growth, both the product and within the organization. Upper level management decisions often seem illogical and poorly communicated.

Grow the business - it's been stagnant too long. What once was a progressive cutting edge business is now stale and stagnant. Hang on to good employees - too many VP's making poor choices.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at RCN full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked with many terrific and talented people. We worked so well as a group, that when the job required 50+ hours at times, it was for the right reasons.

Cons

Management focused on short term strategies and we always wondered if we would be the next person to be laid-off.

Work on long-term strategies that focuses on improving customer retention, strategic cost saving measures, and overall long-term growth.

There are newer employer reviews for RCN