REC Solar

www.recsolar.com

Great company!

Pros

REC Solar is a great place work, especially if you're interested in working for a purposeful company. The solar industry is comparatively young which allows you to be creative and impactful.

Cons

The company is dynamic, flat and performance-driven. It you don't like change, you aren't willing to roll up your sleeves and you're not focused on results, it's not the right place for you.

Other reviews for REC Solar

REC Solar Veteran-(5 years) - Now is the best time to work here-I'm so glad I stuck it out!

Pros

I can honestly say that this is the best time to work at REC Solar! Admittedly, the last few years have been rocky with the fast pace of our growth and leadership changes. Even normal growing pains hurt. I believe the current leadership team is the best ever. Our President/CEO has dramatically improved communication throughout the company. I see more people advancing from within the company than ever before. Employees are active/health conscious, and a fun culture is starting to take hold again.

Cons

The Solar industry is extremely competitive and we are constantly tasked to do more with less. The pace of change also means that projects you are vested in can get scrapped. This is not unique to our company-this probably exists with our competitors as well.

Be careful not to overdo the "more with less" theme-employees sometimes need more to do more. Keep encouraging events outside of the offices, and get more involved with the community.

Dysfunctional

Pros

Some of the other people who USED to work there (most of whom have left also). Shows that they actually know how to screen and hire good folks who have what it takes to work well together toward a common goal.

Cons

The leadership at the top - like your worst vision of dysfunctional sibling rivalry among people who are not related. Successful, frankly, in spite of themselves.

Hire people who know how to work & then LET THEM WORK without second guessing every decision that they try to make.

There are newer employer reviews for REC Solar.

Worked for REC Solar? Contribute to the Community!