There are newer employer reviews for REC Solar

sunny company to work for

Former Employee - Solar Installer in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Solar Installer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at REC Solar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

awesome benefits, great people to work with, nice office & tools to work with

Cons

hours are inconsisted, boss at the time expressed his personal unhappiness in his own life

Advice to Management

keep it professional & take care of your employees

Other Employee Reviews for REC Solar

Don't drink the Koolaid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at REC Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The good thing about this company is the product and service they provide. I fully support solar power and hope to see more of it in the future.

Cons

Consistent and easily preventable management operation errors resulting in frequent unnecessary downtime. Poor communication all around. Questionable levels of experience in some middle management positions. Workers are often lied to, taken advantage of and blamed for problems that are out of their control. It is common for skilled people here to be under payed and disrespected. This is not a good company for someone who wants long term stability.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Don't take advantage of people in the name of clean energy. Just because someone else may be in a different or "lower" position than you doesn't mean they don't have valid experience or intelligent and beneficial input. Learn respect and be humble. I wish you the best.

2. A great learning experience

Current Employee - Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Great working with such talented hard working people. I have many colleagues that have become close friends. A really supportive team of passionate people who want to make a difference. Things from a company culture and communication standpoint in the last year have improved with the new CEO. Very exciting to see this progress.

Cons

The solar industry is very dynamic and the only constant is change. REC continues to keep stride with the industry meaning that things change very often and we are constantly benchmarking ourselves against new companies, some of whom succeed and some don't. This is not a good industry to be in if you don't like change. Communication in the past wasn't great, and while it's definitely improved, there is still room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Be realistic about what this industry/ company is capable of. Don't compare us to companies who have different business models and budgets if we aren't willing to pay to play in their arena.