REC Solar

www.recsolar.com

Good place to work with expanding potential

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsREC Solar is a good place to work, most of the people here are great to work with and REC's IT department is one of the few places where you can gain experience using products such as Oracle ERP, Salesforce.com, and Juinper Hardware/Junos. They invest a large portion of budget into their IT department because at the end of the day having strong IT systems can push you organization past the competition.

A few other things:

The atmosphere is enjoyable yet professional
Plenty of room for personal growth if you are willing to get out of your comfort zone
Great people to work with
Great place to live

ConsLike most places you have a handful of people (though out of an organization of 1000+) who are not the most pleasant to work with but that is to be expected as not everyone sees eye to eye on business strategy in a growing company.

The executive managment has experienced high turn over in the past which to some may be concering.

Pay is average at the Individual Contribitor level, but some departments have a better ability to retain talent when compared to others which can be frusturating.

The Solar industry is very competive and is lacking some stability, thankfully REC is one of the few profitable Solar companies around but at times is it still disconcerting.

SOP across the organization need to be enforced and/or created, unfortuntely few employees appreciate the necessity of SOP and supporting policies and Executive Management is not very good at forcing employees to follow it when it inconveniences them.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into your top talent and share services talent, many companies are poaching people from REC because they have qualities and the necessary experience that larger companies need.

Enforce SOP and related policies, without them you will never be able to grow the company to level the board is looking for.

Grow with the a company, be part of something bigger

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at REC Solar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -High Growth, REC Solar has grown and expanded rapidly. I've had 4 different roles in 3 years because of demand. Working up from… Cons: -Not the medical device world! Solar continues to decline in price, overall we have to sell more to reach the same revenue goals. … Advice to Senior Management: I think we are the right path and with new management at the beginning of 2013 we are the right path to success for many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in

Solar Energy Consultant (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at REC Solar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great culture-It's like working for a small company but with big corporate stability. REC focuses on it's employees and customers. The industry itself is always… Cons: Not much room for advancement at a branch office if… Advice to Senior Management: Never forget what it was like when you were in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on REC Solar.

Worked for REC Solar? Contribute to the Community!