There are newer employer reviews for REC Solar

Ups, Downs, but finally back Up!

I have been working at REC Solar

Pros

Working at REC Solar has provided me access to do more than I could have ever imagined in an entry-level job. The experience I have gained in the past few years has been invaluable for my resume. If I had gone to a big company straight out of college there's no way that I would have been exposed to as many things (including the entire business model in detail) as I have been at REC. There has been a significant change in the focus and message coming from the Executive Team, and for the most part, it has been very positive.

Cons

The first year was exciting, everything was new! Then it became exhausting to keep up with the ever-changing standards and expectations. There was a time where the leadership team was struggling, everything was kept secret, and employees felt like they were just getting dismissed and stepped on - all while being kept in the dark. Many efforts went unrecognized, and many of us experienced some serious burnout at one time or another.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the goal of having a performance driven culture. Encourage your peers to step up and really own the fact that they are now Executives (there are a few people with a ways to go still) and that people are looking up to all of you. Don't forget to have fun in the workplace, and learn to keep your egos out of sight when appropriate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good place to work in SLO

I have been working at REC Solar

Pros

REC Solar is growing fast and I have had the opportunity a to grow as well. I have a job that impacts the environment in a positive way, and I feel lucky for it. I enjoy the people I work with.

Cons

Fast growth can feel chaotic,. There seem to be lots of changes that can make it hard to keep up.

Advice to Management

More communication on a regular basis would be appreciated. Try to make more effort to recognize employees. More company functions.

Exploited, overworked, sold a bill of poor goods

Current Employee - Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at REC Solar

Pros

Some really great people try really hard to save the planet.

Cons

I have never seen so many executives and senior mangers come in, look around and then for whatever reason leave the company.

Advice to Management

You best figure it out soon or you will be paying a lot to get people to stay. Your margins are already challenged which will make it difficult to sell the company for the value you think it is worth. And we know that is what is all about--sell the company and move on to other exploitations.