Nice environment, low salary

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at RED Interactive Agency full-time

Pros

The environment is friendly, the office space is new and pretty cool, you can find very nice people, good kitchen with snacks and bagels day every week. Nice experience, I would do it again if they offer a better salary.

Cons

Low salaries (at least in my experience) sometimes chaotic management of projects make it stressful. In many occasions I experienced poor communication between different department can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

They should try to pay people more.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Amazing owners, professional atmosphere and high standards

Former Employee - Creative
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at RED Interactive Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RED has very high expectations and you can feel it. The talent across all disciplines is mostly senior level and above with years of experience which makes for an inspiring and challenging (in a good way) environment. You get the sense that everyone here has this digital advertising thing down and is d*mn good at what they do. You'll push yourself to meet the high bar set by your colleagues. There is little to no emphasis on hierarchy at RED. Your standing in the company is based on results. If you show you're good enough to take on and lead a project it's all yours. I can't say enough about the owners as I think this is truly what sets RED apart from every other agency I have worked with. Their understanding of digital marketing - from a business approach down to the nitty gritty of web development - is impressive and it comes through in everything they do. They're involved. You can bounce ideas off of them, show them some first passes at creative, bring up concerns, etc... On top of all this they are great guys and have gone above and beyond for me both personally and professionally. The best in the business.

Cons

Like a lot of reviews here have stated, RED has been growing steadily over the last few years and there are of course some pains that come with it. To me they are pretty minimal and more around personal preference (some like a small agency feel, others not) than actual issues with the company. As the projects have grown in scope RED has been adding more and more specialty positions. Working through how to best incorporate them into the process is not necessarily a con, just a reality of a growing company. RED's environment is creative, but professional. The focus is on the work and while the people are fun and friendly there is not as much goofing around as you'll find at other shops. This just comes down to what your preference is.

The Best Team I've Ever Been Part Of

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at RED Interactive Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RED is the most talented team I've ever worked with. I've learned more here in a year and a half than I did in the previous 8.5 years I spent with other agencies and start-ups. If you want to work with an exceptionally talented group of people where the sky is the limit for your career growth, this is the place for you.

Cons

It's a medium to large-ish company, so if you're coming from a small boutique agency or start-up, the size might be a bit overwhelming at first. Bot not to worry - management has taken great strides to make sure you get comfortable as quickly as possible.