REI

www.rei.com

Seems to get worse over time

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Tualatin, OR

ProsGreat ProDeals and most of the store staff are fun to work with. The benefits are good if you work enough hours to be eligible for them.

ConsMost employees get just enough hours that we fall short of getting holiday pay, vacation and premium plan healthcare. I do not know what management is like in other stores but management in this store is pretty ruthless unless you are an employee who sucks up to them.
Morale here is pretty bad except for the new hires. It takes a while for the new people to see the gap between management Rah-Rah and what really goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementREI is becoming less and less of what it holds itself up to be. It feels more like Target or Kmart than the REI of old. I know that you are isolated up in Kent but does this concern you enough to enforce some needed cultural sifts? Or are you content to let the cash roll in at any cost to store morale?

A great place to work, if you can keep from spending all you money there!

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at REI

Pros: Benefits for part-time employees, as well as for full-time employees, employee discount program, flexibility of… Cons: Corporate controlled retail environment, retail hours, lack of full-time opportunities available, sometimes a number-driven environment, performance review… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out a way to staff the store so that there are enough employees to cover busy periods; this means you will have times when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great work environment - especially for retail

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

I worked at REI

Pros: High level of respect within staff and management, comprehensive training… Cons: It is retail after all, so no one will be… Advice to Senior Management: This was the best retail environment of a few that I had worked from high school age on. Everyone from top management down seems genuinely… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!