REI

www.rei.com

Bottom line is its all about the dollar sign

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Pros-Great place to work while in college or as a recent graduate trying to figure out what to do with your life.
-Health benefits are fantastic but you have to work a lot to get them.
-Amazing employee discounts that enable you to get the gear you want so you can get out and do what you want.

Cons-Management tries to push membership conversion rating without ever telling you what your stake in that as part of the excels bonus is. I wish they would be more up front and honest about the financial implications of that.
-Unless you are worthy of endorsement and want it they will not mentor you. Some of us would like to get in a position to work in the outdoor industry as a company rep, but they either don't care or don't know about that side of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front and honest with employees about how they benefit from good sales numbers. Stop sugarcoating it. If I had known that my excels bonus could be impacted by $200-$300 based on a conversion rate or sales number I would of been a lot more motivated.

i enjoyed working at the warehouse but i feel that managers/supervisors can do a better job

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros: great pay nice people honest reviews Cons: too much to handle sometimes never get to see our supervisors/managers Advice to Senior Management: connect with your crews more , ask questions and get feedback from them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Retail Sales (Current Employee) Roseville, CA

I have been working at REI

Pros: Benefits, room for advancement, work life balance. Cons: sales, they accept too many returns. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!