REI

www.rei.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for REI

Great company, boring job.

Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA
Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA

I worked at REI

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees, give you lots of opportunities to give back to the community and have fun with fellow employees. They don't pretend like they aren't trying to make money as a company, but they still care about the customers and the environment.

Cons

Working in the contact center was dreadfully boring. You aren't allowed to do anything non-work related between calls and within two months I'd finished all the work-related things I could do between calls.

562 Other Employee Reviews for REI (View Most Recent)

Great for those who do what we sell

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

I have been working at REI

Pros

REI is a great place to work if you participate in the activities that we sell gear for. Discounts and pro deals are awesome, so it really helps if you're trying to gear up. The hours are really flexible and managers are accommodating if you are in school or have another job. The staff is friendly and its easy to make friends there. Everyone is willing to get you outside and do the activities they do even if you haven't done it before.

Cons

It's tough to move up if you start at the bottom. There are a lot of steps to complete to become a supervisor and so forth with each step you take. Also the pay isn't the best unless you are a store manager or higher. Its definitely not minimum wage but you can't survive on this job alone. Most of us have more than one job or are retired and just working for fun.

REI is one the best companies to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at REI

Pros

Balance. Fun. Benefits. People. Gear. Teamwork. Discounts. Culture!

Cons

Always wanting to buy the latest and greatest gear!

There are newer employer reviews for REI