There are newer employer reviews for REI

too much gossip, not sophiscated

Current Employee - Senior Markrting Analyst in Kent, WA
Current Employee - Senior Markrting Analyst in Kent, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros

friendly, relax, open, fun, fun

Cons

no career growth, manager is not competent, too much gossip, not sophiscated, technical support is weak

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company, boring job.

Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA

I worked at REI

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees, give you lots of opportunities to give back to the community and have fun with fellow employees. They don't pretend like they aren't trying to make money as a company, but they still care about the customers and the environment.

Cons

Working in the contact center was dreadfully boring. You aren't allowed to do anything non-work related between calls and within two months I'd finished all the work-related things I could do between calls.

Loved the culture but was underappreciated.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Pineville, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Pineville, NC

I worked at REI

Pros

The benefits are awesome - even part-time benefits. The culture is very cool. The customers tend to be cool also.

Cons

Pressure to sell memberships - with no direct reward. I felt personally underappreciated because I wasn't invited to stay on as a regular employee after my second stint as a seasonal employee.

Advice to Management

If you like an employee enough to invite them back for a second round of seasonal work, invite them to stay even if you don't have many hours for them.