There are newer employer reviews for REI

too much gossip, not sophiscated

Current Employee - Senior Markrting Analyst in Kent, WA
Current Employee - Senior Markrting Analyst in Kent, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros

friendly, relax, open, fun, fun

Cons

no career growth, manager is not competent, too much gossip, not sophiscated, technical support is weak

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Such a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros

The atmosphere is great. Everyone is very supportive of your career goals and will go out of their way to help you along. That and the discount is a wonderful perk!

Cons

One of the biggest downsides to working here is that there are a lot of distractions. I don't know how other companies are, but it seems like there is a birthday or an anniversary, or a project conclusion party a few times per week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. When the economy was down, we kept growing. I'm proud to work for this organization.

2. Great company, boring job.

Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Contact Center Representative Skill II in Sumner, WA

I worked at REI

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees, give you lots of opportunities to give back to the community and have fun with fellow employees. They don't pretend like they aren't trying to make money as a company, but they still care about the customers and the environment.

Cons

Working in the contact center was dreadfully boring. You aren't allowed to do anything non-work related between calls and within two months I'd finished all the work-related things I could do between calls.