REI

www.rei.com

Time well spent

Sales Specialist - Action Sports (Former Employee)

ProsObviously, one of the best reason to work here if you love the outdoors are the gear discounts and other perks/freebies. I wish I would have taken advantage of even more of the perks but I was only part-time and didn't keep up with everything.

Large stable company, interesting and fun products, can move up the company ladder if you want.

ConsIt's was an hourly retail position. I wouldn't have wanted to work full-time there but it was a nice for a shift or two a week and keeping the benefits.

You will put all of the money you earn from REI back into REI. It's not possible to work there and not spend all of your money buying up all of their gear.

Great people and great atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at REI part-time

Pros: Easy to get along with coworkers due to similar interests. Never… Cons: You have got to know your stuff, though this shouldn't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

One of the best retail jobs

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at REI part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: REI seems to attract really great staff. Most of the people I work with are fun and hardworking. Health… Cons: Too much of a focus on membership. At my store, we have a lot of customers that come in just to by a quick… Advice to Senior Management: When so many big retailers are trying to personalize the in store experience by giving the store that "local shop" feel instead of a nationwide… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!