REI

www.rei.com

Great place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Kent, WA

Pros- People. Maybe I should say the culture. Eitherway, it's a pretty pleasent work environment. People are respectul and integret. Even the type A people here are down-to-earth and thoughtful. There is less office politics than other companies that I have worked for.
- Work-life balance: It's REI's core value. Your manager is serious and care about work-life balance of his/her staff. Have flexibale work days/hours for full time employees.
- Fun. It's in the company DNA that fun should be part of the work.

Cons- The struggling economy had an impact on REI's retirement contribution, It is not as good as before the recession. It's still pretty good compared to other companies, but if you take into account everything (base pay, bonus, retirement) then it's compansation no longer stands out.
- Slow to change. If you enjoy fast-paced environment and like moving things around quickly than you'll have your frustrations here. REI's team-oriented culture makes changes slow to happen. The management is aware of that and is trying to change this, but then again, such change itself is happening in a slow pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market is changing fast.They need to embrace faster and more drastic change in order to fight off competition and the changing outdoor consumers.

Great company!

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at REI part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They care about their staff and retention. Awesome deals on… Cons: Hard to advance within the company based on education and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You'll probably love working here

Retail Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at REI part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Retail starts at 9.75 -Great discounts (50% on REI brand) -ProDeals -Opportunities to teach clinics -Surrounded by outdoorsy people -Community service at local parks Compared… Cons: -Emphasis on selling memberships and the daily conversion rate This can become a bit tedious. Depending on the individual vibe… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!