REI

www.rei.com

Great place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Kent, WA

Pros- People. Maybe I should say the culture. Eitherway, it's a pretty pleasent work environment. People are respectul and integret. Even the type A people here are down-to-earth and thoughtful. There is less office politics than other companies that I have worked for.
- Work-life balance: It's REI's core value. Your manager is serious and care about work-life balance of his/her staff. Have flexibale work days/hours for full time employees.
- Fun. It's in the company DNA that fun should be part of the work.

Cons- The struggling economy had an impact on REI's retirement contribution, It is not as good as before the recession. It's still pretty good compared to other companies, but if you take into account everything (base pay, bonus, retirement) then it's compansation no longer stands out.
- Slow to change. If you enjoy fast-paced environment and like moving things around quickly than you'll have your frustrations here. REI's team-oriented culture makes changes slow to happen. The management is aware of that and is trying to change this, but then again, such change itself is happening in a slow pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market is changing fast.They need to embrace faster and more drastic change in order to fight off competition and the changing outdoor consumers.

Great Place to Work!!

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Yonkers, NY

I have been working at REI part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great People work here and you get good pay for the work your doing. Additionally you get an excellent… Cons: The hours can be minimal, and sometimes work can a bit… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent employer.

Sales Lead (Current Employee) Boise, ID

I have been working at REI full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great employer. They excel at empowering employees by providing excellent… Cons: Difficult to get on "full time," as they primarily hire… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!