There are newer employer reviews for REI

REI is truly a special place to work

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Kent, WA
Current Employee - Specialist in Kent, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros

The atmosphere is truly exceptional. They have really treat their people well. All of the exposure to the greatest gear is reason alone to work there. The people are caring and work towards enabling each other to do great things.

Cons

The pay is about medium rage... not low, but not exceptional. Some might find this a turnoff. The environment is so nice that people forget to be honest sometimes.

Invest in the entry level management at all levels. There's a great program in place for entry-level retail... it may be time to look at investing in the other locations as this sets the stage for employee retention, advancement and succession planning.

495 Other Employee Reviews for REI (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros

I love working for REI, the customers are great, as well as my co-workers/managers. Schedules are flexible and they do their best to give you any time off that you may request. The CO-OP is very community oriented, they do alot of great work in our area, as well as making awesome donations. Did I mention, they offer benefits to both part time and full time employees as well as additional discounts that are awesome!

Cons

The pay scale is a little on the low side. Also, they don't offer very many full time positions.

Offer more full time positions and better pay rates.

Work where the customers and employees are all on the same page.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at REI

Pros

It's a wonderful place to work, your co-workers share the same values and interests. Management goes out of the way to make sure you're satisfied, not only with your job but with your off time. It's the type of place that will always give you time off to explore your interests and even supply you with equipment for your adventure.

Cons

Nights and weekends are part of retail life.

Keep doing what your doing and make the same good decisions about new store locations. Never forget why we all work here.

There are newer employer reviews for REI

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!