REI

www.rei.com

Low hourly wages, great benefits package, and fun outdoorsy people to work with.

Master Technician (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBenefits packages including great health coverage, 15% automatic 401k company contribution, dental. Tuition assistance and flexible schedules make this a great job for students and people looking for a fun job for extra cash and perks. Other perks include discounts on gear, cheap ski tickets, access to shop services, and much more...

ConsLow hourly wages. Hours can be cut back severely if business slows. Full benefits packages not available until 1500 hours worked (part-time benefits packages available from date of hire). Quality of management varies from store-to-store, but most store management teams are woefully ineffective as leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on management functions first when times get tight, customer service is what REI is built on and cutting back hours on the sales floor is a short-sighted solution that will erode the company's reputation as a top-tier customer service business. In the modern e-commerce era REI cannot afford to compete on price, so don't erode your only competitive advantage by short staffing your stores.

Former Camping Sales Specialist

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Eugene, OR

I worked at REI part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I loved working at REI. It was a perfect part-time job to get me through college. REI emphasizes a good work/life balance. Scheduling… Cons: Pressure to sell memberships was frustrating at times. Most of the things I disliked about working at REI were not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's great to work with people who all love the same things you do!

User Experience Designer (Former Employee) Kent, WA

I worked at REI as an intern for less than a year

Pros: REI is a great place to work. Team members are very supportive and everyone's works well together to get the job done. Nowhere else I've… Cons: Sometimes I felt I lacked a bit of the knowledge that it was assumed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!