REI

www.rei.com

Great Place to Work

Sales (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI have worked for REI for 11 years and have never once dreaded going to work. The people are great, the discount is great, the salary is mediocre, and the benefits package is FANTASTIC.

ConsIf you are not somebody interested in retail management the opportunities for advancement are pretty minimal. It can get a little repetitive, but they do a good job of moving people around every six months or so so people don't burn out on one area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Great communication about the direction of the company. I would consider paying your people a little better. One major pet peeve I have is that every time an across the board "salary realignment" happens it affects the people who were just hired and not so much your loyal people who have been around for a long time.

Great enviornnment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sumner, WA

I have been working at REI

Pros: Great benifits packages, awesome discount and a very positive work environment. I do not work in a retail location… Cons: Can be very crowded on the inside. And I've encountered people who… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure to listen to what your employees are saying!… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best Place I have ever worked!

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR

I worked at REI

Pros: Membership is why everyone at REI is not working for a Big Company, it is why REI can take care of the staff and take… Cons: I think the cons for many maybe they forget it is a job, first! I think people build it into a family and forget they… Advice to Senior Management: It does take time, if your willing to put in the work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on REI.

Worked for REI? Contribute to the Community!