REI Systems

www.reisystems.com
  www.reisystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for REI Systems

REI Systems has a wonderful energy that is hard to match.

I worked at REI Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The REI Systems story began with a few bright, young friends who decided to start their own business in the 1980s. By 2011, their headcount was 400+. Their story is one of success through hard work and careful growth. Many of REI Systems employees have crossed an ocean to have a chance at such a dream. They come from India, Pakistan, Poland, Turkey, Africa, Japan, and China just to name a few. In 2011 REI Systems employee population comprised of 25+ nationalities. The diversity is celebrated with multicultural events, such as the International pot luck. REI Systems also recruits young talent from universities both within and outside the D.C. Metro Area. There is a culture that encourages learning and striving for personal and professional excellence. Many employees take part in after work activities such as running clubs and team sports. There is always a tremendous show of support whenever there is a fundraiser for disaster aid, a blood drive, or when a fellow employee in a time of need. REI Systems has a warmth and energy that is hard to find in many other IT companies. I believe this is the reason why so many employees stay with REI Systems, and why some familiar faces return.

Cons

I do not have cons to write about.

78 Other Employee Reviews for REI Systems (View Most Recent)

A company on the rise where you are challenged constantly

I have been working at REI Systems

Pros

Really talented co-workers, interesting cutting-edge projects where innovation is prized, very collegial working environment, flexible hours, really nice office space. I think this is one of the better places to work along the Dulles corridor in terms of life-style and mission-driven work.

Cons

Perhaps overly focused on technology-development and technical skills. Sometimes the forest is hard to tell from the trees. All levels of the organization should be better in-tune with the objectives of the work.

Push your employees to think outside of the box; to be creative, not just heads-down problem solvers. Move beyond rigid processes to empower colleagues to build, not just follow orders.

Good company - I do like working here.

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Constantly challenges us to improve ways to perform
    Agile SDLC - really effective
    Lot of Conference rooms (Helps in collaboration)

Cons

Workload during releases can be better managed / planned.

More events like Hackathon please.
    Incorporate innovation awards.