RFMD
www.rfmd.com Greensboro, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Get out before you get laid off.

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at RFMD

ProsRF Micro Devices is an easy place to work, in a low pressure environment. People tend to be very friendly and helpful. RFMD has good benefits, vacations, and a great health care plan.

ConsAs a company, RF Micro is slow moving and there are few prospects for growth.
It's a company that knows how to do one thing well - GaAs - but nothing else. Almost every other business that RFMD pursued ended in failure. It can't execute.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor RFMD to survive, it needs new management at the top. There are way too many incompetent people at the top, and bad decisions get filtered down. Almost every recent acquisition has ended in failure. RF Micro is able to buy companies, but it cannot manage them.

Generally good.

I have been working at RFMD full-time

Pros: good environment and company culture. And the work and life… Cons: The compensation and benefit is not as competitive as other… More

Good experience so far.

I have been working at RFMD full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company has been ok so far. People are genuine. Enjoy… Cons: Matrix organization structure a failure in my opinion. Salaries are… Advice to Senior Management: Company being run like two separate companies (two divisions). Need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on RFMD.

Worked for RFMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RFMD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RFMD CEO Bob Bruggeworth. All reviews posted anonymously by RFMD employees.