There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Solid flexible work you can get if you can follow simple instructions.

Current Employee - Inventory Taker  in  Moorestown, NJ
Current Employee - Inventory Taker in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, good people, and fair compensation. It's a lot better than not working, and they're very flexible with changes in your schedule.

Cons

Training is a little sparse. There's a lot to learn that you just sort of have to find out by observation or trial and error.

Keep up the good work. Maybe there's a better way to break in new employees, but it's hard to change a proven formula.

382 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

OK, if you have an open schedule

Current Employee - Supervisor/Expert  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor/Expert in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

I really like the people I work with. And you get to visit a lot of different retail stores and businesses. You get to travel often and it's something different compared to other retail jobs. Flexiblty, they will really work around another job or school schedule and getting time off is easy.

Cons

If you have any type of illness, don't get the insurance plan, it's a joke. It's designed to cover only 4 doctor visits a year, So if you have any pre-existing illness don't bother wasting your time, it's so not worth the money. Yes, you can gett plenty of hours except between the months of Oct. to Dec, it slows down. In Dec. your lucky if you have anything on your schedule, no body does inventories during christmas season. Most evening jobs start at or after store closing and can run til 2-3am which is not easy when you have another job at 6am.

If you have another RGIS job the next morning, sometimes they will let you leave early but if it's school or another job, forget it, you're there til it's over no matter what time it is. There is so much pressure to count faster and "level up". They have a large turn over rate and most inventories rate of how long they last is based on how many people show up. Even though people are scheduled for a job that night, doesn't mean they will show up. And then your understaffed and the inventorey lasts so much later. If you give them open schedule you can get 40+ hours a week, I've known people that get up to 70hrs but if you do, don't plan on getting any sleep.

And you can forget having any type of life, I had to update my schedule to give me atleast one night off a week, I've worked 14 days straight before. There is constent bending, croutching, standing and up and down on ladders, invest in knee pads other wise your knees will be callused and it's not pretty. You don't get reimbursted for gas or mileage if you drive in your local area, only get reimbursted if you drive anything over an hour away. And you will do alot of driving, I put 16,000 miles on my car last year alone and that doesn't include out of town driving just local, I average about 20 hrs a week for them.

People would stay longer if you gave raises again, it doesn't have to be much. And I know corp has no idea what it's like being at the store or even how to do our job. I would love to have a corp person come to a store and experience what it's really like at a store when your understaffed and the equipment doesn't work. Really listen to what your employees are saying and give thought to their ideas, if it makes our job alot easier.

It was a job

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

They pretty much employ anyone. If you are a felon or whatever they will hire you if you need a job to get you through this is it. They have a very high turnover rate but you can go back as many times as you would like as long as you dont do anything too bad.

Cons

Horrible hours, work long hours with no break, physically and emotionally draining, back to back shifts with little to no break in between, long van rides (you can sleep tho and get paid after the first hour of travel), piddly benefits, rarely do you hear you did a good job but you will immediately know if you messed up and so will the entire crew, it's like high school for grown ups

the people who stay and work should be rewarded. they need to hear they are doing a good job and MANAGEMENT should stand behind their people and not throw them under the bus.....

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!