RGIS

www.rgisinv.com
  www.rgisinv.com
There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Good job, flexible working schedule, poor pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, NH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, NH

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Flexible working schedule. You could ask for more hours, show your availability and you would get to work more hours.

Cons

Inadequate pay. Hourly job, so work depended on how busy a season is. E.g. Christmas holiday season is typically a slow season, and since my position was an hourly one (there are salaried positions), I worked a few hours. Understandable, since many retailers don't do invetory during their busiest season of the year. Poor communication between employees and supervisors.

408 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

Ok if you are a hardworker

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Easy to get chanche to make a decent amount of money if if you are a good worker

Cons

Not getting paid for alot of your traveling

Geographical scheduling

OK, if you have an open schedule

Current Employee - Supervisor/Expert in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor/Expert in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

I really like the people I work with. And you get to visit a lot of different retail stores and businesses. You get to travel often and it's something different compared to other retail jobs. Flexiblty, they will really work around another job or school schedule and getting time off is easy.

Cons

If you have any type of illness, don't get the insurance plan, it's a joke. It's designed to cover only 4 doctor visits a year, So if you have any pre-existing illness don't bother wasting your time, it's so not worth the money. Yes, you can gett plenty of hours except between the months of Oct. to Dec, it slows down. In Dec. your lucky if you have anything on your schedule, no body does inventories during christmas season. Most evening jobs start at or after store closing and can run til 2-3am which is not easy when you have another job at 6am.

If you have another RGIS job the next morning, sometimes they will let you leave early but if it's school or another job, forget it, you're there til it's over no matter what time it is. There is so much pressure to count faster and "level up". They have a large turn over rate and most inventories rate of how long they last is based on how many people show up. Even though people are scheduled for a job that night, doesn't mean they will show up. And then your understaffed and the inventorey lasts so much later. If you give them open schedule you can get 40+ hours a week, I've known people that get up to 70hrs but if you do, don't plan on getting any sleep.

And you can forget having any type of life, I had to update my schedule to give me atleast one night off a week, I've worked 14 days straight before. There is constent bending, croutching, standing and up and down on ladders, invest in knee pads other wise your knees will be callused and it's not pretty. You don't get reimbursted for gas or mileage if you drive in your local area, only get reimbursted if you drive anything over an hour away. And you will do alot of driving, I put 16,000 miles on my car last year alone and that doesn't include out of town driving just local, I average about 20 hrs a week for them.

People would stay longer if you gave raises again, it doesn't have to be much. And I know corp has no idea what it's like being at the store or even how to do our job. I would love to have a corp person come to a store and experience what it's really like at a store when your understaffed and the equipment doesn't work. Really listen to what your employees are saying and give thought to their ideas, if it makes our job alot easier.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS