Good

Former Employee - Team Leader in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Team Leader in Houston, TX

I worked at RGIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

mostly everything it was a job

Cons

some of the hours was outrageous but i made da money

Advice to Management

na

Other Employee Reviews for RGIS

No rhyme or reason to scheduling

Former Employee - Auditor in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Auditor in Melville, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to work with some really nice and caring people (not the managers). Every one is in the same miserable boat so we make the best of it.

Cons

Major lack of communication. I would call in sick to my area manager who would neglect to tell the district manager so I got failure to appear notices. NOT flexible scheduling if you had 24/7 availability. I got scheduled for a job at "company X" 45 miles away and when I said I'm not going they said I could work at another job at another location of "company X" 4 miles away. Why wasn't I scheduled there in the first place? I have traveled 90 miles round trip for a 3 hour job at $9.00/hr, lost money that day as you won't get reimbursed for travel expenses! Even if you are counting fast you can get sent home early if the rest of your team is slow. It's all about managers making their numbers. You can get scheduled for 8pm start then 6am start the next day. And they want accuracy? Good luck. Management has a habit of not returning emails or phone calls if they don't want to deal with you. The equipment is old and often doesn't work. Have enough step stools when they are needed! On asking one manager if I could get something to stand on at a supermarket he said "Good Luck!" Was trained mostly by more senior auditors who took pity on us new guys and I did the same when I got more experience. Some auditors picked and chose the easy to count stuff while leaving nasty work like clearance racks for the newer less lazy crew. If the stores we counted only knew! Thank you for letting me vent here!

Advice to Management

Schedule with common sense. Gas is expensive so try to schedule folks closer to home. As I saw in older posts, treat people the way you would like to be treated. If you expect me to return your calls, do the same!

Inventory Specialist

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'll have to give this one some thought...none really

Cons

Let me put it this way: It's mind numbing, back breaking, knee throbbing, feet aching, gas guzzling, car wear and tear using, mindless robot/drone-like employee making, thankless, rude supervisor yelling, $9 and hour job. If you HATE yourself, or have absolutely no where else to work, go ahead and apply, Every applicant is hired, That right there should tell you something!

Advice to Management

Pick managers with leadership qualities, then train them. Pay your employees more! Also, pay employees during the time they leave one store and have to report to another, They are not 1099's. It is understandable they you don't pay to arrive at the first assignment or the last going home. But all the time in between is the employee should be paid. Lastly, 8 hours of work with one 15 minute break is shameful. The employees are people, NOT machines.