RGIS

www.rgisinv.com
  www.rgisinv.com
There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

No rhyme or reason to scheduling

Former Employee - Auditor in Melville, NY
Former Employee - Auditor in Melville, NY

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got to work with some really nice and caring people (not the managers).
Every one is in the same miserable boat so we make the best of it.

Cons

Major lack of communication. I would call in sick to my area manager who would neglect to tell the district manager so I got failure to appear notices. NOT flexible scheduling if you had 24/7 availability. I got scheduled for a job at "company X" 45 miles away and when I said I'm not going they said I could work at another job at another location of "company X" 4 miles away. Why wasn't I scheduled there in the first place? I have traveled 90 miles round trip for a 3 hour job at $9.00/hr, lost money that day as you won't get reimbursed for travel expenses! Even if you are counting fast you can get sent home early if the rest of your team is slow. It's all about managers making their numbers.
You can get scheduled for 8pm start then 6am start the next day. And they want accuracy? Good luck. Management has a habit of not returning emails or phone calls if they don't want to deal with you.
The equipment is old and often doesn't work. Have enough step stools when they are needed! On asking one manager if I could get something to stand on at a supermarket he said "Good Luck!"
Was trained mostly by more senior auditors who took pity on us new guys and I did the same when I got more experience. Some auditors picked and chose the easy to count stuff while leaving nasty work like clearance racks for the newer less lazy crew.
If the stores we counted only knew!
Thank you for letting me vent here!

Schedule with common sense. Gas is expensive so try to schedule folks closer to home.
As I saw in older posts, treat people the way you would like to be treated. If you expect me to return your calls, do the same!

412 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

Inventory Specialist

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'll have to give this one some thought...none really

Cons

Let me put it this way: It's mind numbing, back breaking, knee throbbing, feet aching, gas guzzling, car wear and tear using, mindless robot/drone-like employee making, thankless, rude supervisor yelling, $9 and hour job. If you HATE yourself, or have absolutely no where else to work, go ahead and apply, Every applicant is hired, That right there should tell you something!

Pick managers with leadership qualities, then train them. Pay your employees more! Also, pay employees during the time they leave one store and have to report to another, They are not 1099's. It is understandable they you don't pay to arrive at the first assignment or the last going home. But all the time in between is the employee should be paid. Lastly, 8 hours of work with one 15 minute break is shameful. The employees are people, NOT machines.

Don't plan on sleeping

Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at RGIS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers a good down to earth people that are trying their best and will help you, you just have to ask.

Cons

Hours were crazy. I worked 30 hours straight at one point. Don't get time to eat, sleep, you'll be sick most of the winter. Working 50 hours a week in the norm. Anything less feels like a vacation.

Pay more or add another manager because its to much stress and to many accounts on each one.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS