There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Auditor

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Friendly, different work environment every day.

Cons

Hours, pay, driving, benefits, pay

398 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

Unlike any other, sometimes good and many times bad.

Current Employee - Inventory Taker
    Current Employee - Inventory Taker

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours. Some jobs can be easy. Its a paying job in a very bad job market. It can be a good 2nd job for many people. It can be a good part time job for people depending the district you work for. Some districts are better then others.

Cons

Lots of times people work long shifts without getting breaks. Many times we are stuck driving a long ways to work and we only get to work 2 hours. We are only guarnteed 2 hours minimun pay per store. When we ride in company vans we DO NOT get paid for the 1st hour of travel each way unless you are the driver. Sometimes even on travel meets they will have us work around 5 hours then make us take a 30 or 45 min UNPAID lunch then they will have us work less then an hour after lunch then send us home and they don't give us our paid break. A lot of our travel meets are a 1 hour drive each way or less so thats 2 hours of unpaid travel time we are stuck with. People that are above the auditor level (lowest pay grade) tend to be worried about losing there raises (sometimes 50 cents an hour and getting demoted back to auditor level. Every few weeks or so people get reviewed and sometimes people lose their raises because their APH (average pieces counted per hour) gets too low. Very often APH levels are not in the control of the employees and APH levels can vary dramatically depending on what stores and sections you are assigned. RGIS pays people for production not accuracy. The hourly bonus policy is unrealistic and unfair. Some RGIS drivers drive poorly.

RGIS needs to focus more on accuracy. Too many people are focused on speed at the expense of accuracy. They should background check and drug test all flow leaders, team leaders, supervisors and managers. Management needs to revise the APH policy and make it more realistic.

Room for advancement if you know what you are doing...but dont expect much

Current Employee - Team Leader in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Earth City, MO

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hours if you want them with overtime. Local management was friendly and willing to work with you.

Cons

Driving everywhere with no compensation. RGIS policy is no mileage if less than 30miles from office. That means they can schedule you 29.99 miles away and still not pay you mileage. If the location is further than that, they normally put you in a van or other vehicle to take you there. Work is horribly boring, but really easy. I guess that's the tradeoff.

Ideal candidate for "Undercover Boss". I feel that you would have far less turnover if you would compensate your employees fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS