RGIS

www.rgisinv.com
  www.rgisinv.com
There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Unlike any other, sometimes good and many times bad.

Current Employee - Inventory Taker
Current Employee - Inventory Taker

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours. Some jobs can be easy. Its a paying job in a very bad job market. It can be a good 2nd job for many people. It can be a good part time job for people depending the district you work for. Some districts are better then others.

Cons

Lots of times people work long shifts without getting breaks. Many times we are stuck driving a long ways to work and we only get to work 2 hours. We are only guarnteed 2 hours minimun pay per store. When we ride in company vans we DO NOT get paid for the 1st hour of travel each way unless you are the driver. Sometimes even on travel meets they will have us work around 5 hours then make us take a 30 or 45 min UNPAID lunch then they will have us work less then an hour after lunch then send us home and they don't give us our paid break. A lot of our travel meets are a 1 hour drive each way or less so thats 2 hours of unpaid travel time we are stuck with. People that are above the auditor level (lowest pay grade) tend to be worried about losing there raises (sometimes 50 cents an hour and getting demoted back to auditor level. Every few weeks or so people get reviewed and sometimes people lose their raises because their APH (average pieces counted per hour) gets too low. Very often APH levels are not in the control of the employees and APH levels can vary dramatically depending on what stores and sections you are assigned. RGIS pays people for production not accuracy. The hourly bonus policy is unrealistic and unfair. Some RGIS drivers drive poorly.

RGIS needs to focus more on accuracy. Too many people are focused on speed at the expense of accuracy. They should background check and drug test all flow leaders, team leaders, supervisors and managers. Management needs to revise the APH policy and make it more realistic.

408 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

Exausting

Current Employee - Auditor in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Auditor in Springfield, MO

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a job, easy work, decent pay, they drive to most locations. Most of the work is simple scanning, not dealing with large numbers or complicated systems.

Cons

TERRIBLE scheduling, you could be working 1 AM one day, then 3 PM the same day, then 9 am the next day, be off for a day then have three stores in a row for a 15 hour day, and get 9 hours off then back to work for 12....and in December you work MAYBE one store a week.... The scheduling is atrocious.

A stop gap till I found another full time job

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Detroit, MI

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

No drug test or background test

Cons

Listening to less educated co workers complain about their lives.
    Store Management talking way down to you.
    Not told that 2 hour training would be at minimum wage and not hiring wage. Less than a dollar difference but just a pattern of non/ no communication.

Don't assume all new auditors are young and dumb.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS