There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Unlike any other, sometimes good and many times bad.

Current Employee - Inventory Taker
Current Employee - Inventory Taker

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours. Some jobs can be easy. Its a paying job in a very bad job market. It can be a good 2nd job for many people. It can be a good part time job for people depending the district you work for. Some districts are better then others.

Cons

Lots of times people work long shifts without getting breaks. Many times we are stuck driving a long ways to work and we only get to work 2 hours. We are only guarnteed 2 hours minimun pay per store. When we ride in company vans we DO NOT get paid for the 1st hour of travel each way unless you are the driver. Sometimes even on travel meets they will have us work around 5 hours then make us take a 30 or 45 min UNPAID lunch then they will have us work less then an hour after lunch then send us home and they don't give us our paid break. A lot of our travel meets are a 1 hour drive each way or less so thats 2 hours of unpaid travel time we are stuck with. People that are above the auditor level (lowest pay grade) tend to be worried about losing there raises (sometimes 50 cents an hour and getting demoted back to auditor level. Every few weeks or so people get reviewed and sometimes people lose their raises because their APH (average pieces counted per hour) gets too low. Very often APH levels are not in the control of the employees and APH levels can vary dramatically depending on what stores and sections you are assigned. RGIS pays people for production not accuracy. The hourly bonus policy is unrealistic and unfair. Some RGIS drivers drive poorly.

Advice to Management

RGIS needs to focus more on accuracy. Too many people are focused on speed at the expense of accuracy. They should background check and drug test all flow leaders, team leaders, supervisors and managers. Management needs to revise the APH policy and make it more realistic.

Other Employee Reviews for RGIS

1. Horrible, Awful, Terrible, place to work

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Dothan, AL
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Dothan, AL

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company, it's not a good place to work, not at all

Cons

everything and anything under the sun. poor pay, uncertain hours. late night, early morning hours, you have to be on your feet constantly with no break. Managment is a joke. they couldn't care less about their employees. You have to work one job all night and then they schedule to work another job right after, with no time to rest in between. they told us not to say anything like "I'm tired" while we are working because we don't want the clients to think we are performing the job poorly because we are so tired. Just a really bad place to work. Awful. you have to travel 50 or more miles one way at times to get to a job. It's awful. I sure would not recommend this place to anyone looking for a job.

Advice to Management

Fire all of them and get some people in there who know how to run a company.

RGIS - AUBURN HILLS, MI OFFICE IS LOOKING FOR INDIGENT PEOPLE

Current Employee - Expert Auditor in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Expert Auditor in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at RGIS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will hire ANY WARM BODY to replace the ones going thru the revolving door! .

Cons

* RGIS expects you to be available 24/7 every weekend. They expect you to be flexible and available when they call. They will give you a tentative schedule so you think you have some idea of what your week is going to look like. You'd like to make personal plans for your days off.. Just don't answer your phone on your day off or they will write you up if you refuse work. 3 work refusals can get you fired. But hey, you are easily be replaced by the next warm body. * Batching can get you fired. Batching can also make you into a Top Gun with top pay if you don't get caught.

Advice to Management

Demonstrating a little compassion to your employees is not a sign of weakness. Treating employees with respect will grow your company. Scheduling people within a 20 mile radius of their home isn't difficult. There is software available. Sending out threatening letters doesn't do any good. People are motivated by reward - not threats. Threatening employees can have a reverse affect on your desired attendance and production. Don't "pit" people against one another. Working for RGIS shouldn't have to be a cut-throat operation. ABOVE ALL: We are not indigent people. We are educated people with a purpose in life.