There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

OK if you need a part time position to supplement your income or are a college student seeking summer work.

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Mint Hill, NC
Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Mint Hill, NC

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, easy work, decent pay. Excellent summer job for a teenager or college student .Great job if you are looking to supplement your income. If you can work production you have a great chance to make decent money.

Cons

Traveling long distances to do four or 5 hours worth of work, no mileage compensation, scare tactics. Manager told us at training that people from corporate were sitting and watching us through a security camera in the ceiling of the store. Not a good job for someone needing full time hours and benefits. One break per shift. Work can be tiring at times. Not a good position for someone with health issues This is not an ideal job if you have small children because sometimes you have to work 3rd shift.

Advice to Management

Stop the scare tactics and do not talk to me about my former job which is your competitor. My former employer used to work for RGIS and I was told the reasons that he left/ was terminated. None of my business. Thoughts like that need to be kept to one's self. Don't assume all people who come to work for you are desperate or stupid. Scare tactics are childish and unprofessional. Your 10 keys are hard to use.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Travel Team (Home Depot)

Former Employee - Auditor in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Auditor in Hartford, CT

I worked at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Paid training, hotel, travel, decent pay, chance for pay increases, and it's an easy job. If your car gets good gas mileage then I recommend driving yourself. Their travel pay is an easy way to make some extra money and it's nice to have your own transportation while you're away from home.

Cons

They lay you off May - June 15th. There could have been more compensation for being on the road 4 days out of the week and having to share a hotel room with someone you may not know. Personally, I don't get excited to share a hotel room with a stranger after working a long day and not getting much sleep.

2. Decent part time employment

Current Employee - Inventory Team Member in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inventory Team Member in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at RGIS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule for part time employees. Varied work locations so not too repetitive. Fairly easy work most of the time.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement; managers tend to keep there positions for a long time. No rewards or recognition for being a dependable, hard worker. Hourly pay cap. Once you reach top tier, no more raises. Productivity expectations are sometimes unreasonable. Possible long drives for only a few hours of work; basically working for gas in those situations. Demotions and pay cuts are possible if you don't meet quarterly expectations.

Advice to Management

Remove pay cap and reward your dependable workers.