There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Random Pay For Random Hours

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Clark, NJ
Current Employee - Team Leader in Clark, NJ

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good for people who get bored easily. Different job every day in different locations

Cons

RGIS now uses ASET rating to pay people. Pay is tied to speed of counting. If you count fast, you can have your rating increased and get paid more per hour. However, if you don't keep the pace they set for you based on your rating, your pay will decrease to whatever rating level you're currently counting at.

Go back to the old system of hourly pay with regular raises. The rating system causes auditors to automatically go for the easiest/fastest areas to count which often leads to skipped areas having to be found at the end of inventories, as well as decreased concern for accuracy (which really isn't anyone's primary concern when their pay is involved). Under the old system, auditors had a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. Everything was done and if someone was stuck in a crappy area, people pitched in to help because we couldn't leave until everything was done and since it all had to get done, we helped others to finish the job. The new system is very much "every man for himself who cares about the store just as long as I keep my APH up" and seemingly causes more end of inventory issues with skipped and inaccurate areas than I noticed under the old system. In addition to that, APH should be calculated based on what an individual has counted. It's not fair to expect a person counting a messy box in the backroom of a store to keep the same APH as a person who is counting a hanger rack in the front. It DOESN'T always average out, especially if you keep getting chosen to count the crappiest areas in a store at every inventory.

387 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

Interesting job

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at RGIS full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with some fun people.

Cons

You may not get the hours you need to pay your bills.

Use the options that you give the employees. If you say be dressed a certain way and some employees are not, send them home. If you don't want tattoos showing then follow your own rules about it.

OK if you need a part time position to supplement your income or are a college student seeking summer work.

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor  in  Mint Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor in Mint Hill, NC

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people, easy work, decent pay. Excellent summer job for a teenager or college student .Great job if you are looking to supplement your income. If you can work production you have a great chance to make decent money.

Cons

Traveling long distances to do four or 5 hours worth of work, no mileage compensation, scare tactics. Manager told us at training that people from corporate were sitting and watching us through a security camera in the ceiling of the store. Not a good job for someone needing full time hours and benefits. One break per shift. Work can be tiring at times. Not a good position for someone with health issues This is not an ideal job if you have small children because sometimes you have to work 3rd shift.

Stop the scare tactics and do not talk to me about my former job which is your competitor. My former employer used to work for RGIS and I was told the reasons that he left/ was terminated. None of my business. Thoughts like that need to be kept to one's self. Don't assume all people who come to work for you are desperate or stupid. Scare tactics are childish and unprofessional. Your 10 keys are hard to use.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!