Random Pay For Random Hours

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Clark, NJ
Current Employee - Team Leader in Clark, NJ

I have been working at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good for people who get bored easily. Different job every day in different locations

Cons

RGIS now uses ASET rating to pay people. Pay is tied to speed of counting. If you count fast, you can have your rating increased and get paid more per hour. However, if you don't keep the pace they set for you based on your rating, your pay will decrease to whatever rating level you're currently counting at.

Go back to the old system of hourly pay with regular raises. The rating system causes auditors to automatically go for the easiest/fastest areas to count which often leads to skipped areas having to be found at the end of inventories, as well as decreased concern for accuracy (which really isn't anyone's primary concern when their pay is involved). Under the old system, auditors had a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. Everything was done and if someone was stuck in a crappy area, people pitched in to help because we couldn't leave until everything was done and since it all had to get done, we helped others to finish the job. The new system is very much "every man for himself who cares about the store just as long as I keep my APH up" and seemingly causes more end of inventory issues with skipped and inaccurate areas than I noticed under the old system. In addition to that, APH should be calculated based on what an individual has counted. It's not fair to expect a person counting a messy box in the backroom of a store to keep the same APH as a person who is counting a hanger rack in the front. It DOESN'T always average out, especially if you keep getting chosen to count the crappiest areas in a store at every inventory.

Other Reviews for RGIS

Interesting job

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at RGIS full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with some fun people.

Cons

You may not get the hours you need to pay your bills.

Use the options that you give the employees. If you say be dressed a certain way and some employees are not, send them home. If you don't want tattoos showing then follow your own rules about it.

Liars and sneakthieves

I worked at RGIS part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pro's are appealing at first. It's so easy that anyone could do it. Literally ANYONE! If you can count to 100, you have a job. Guaranteed.

Cons

They will hire ANYBODY! There was no interview, we just watched a video about counting merchandise and how to use the archaic machinery then were let loose to count some clothing and soap. The company pays you with a debit card that will charge you a fine for withdrawal or even using it. Effectively charging you to use your own money. It is akin to the company stores of the coal miner wars.

The hours are horrible. Management will say they will work with you, but that is a lie. They will give you random work hours and if you can't work at say, three in the morning 50 miles away, you will be off the schedule and they will hire someone else who WILL be at their beckoned call.

Get your act together. You run a company that does NOTHING of importance. Even the counts that the worker bees give are just rough estimates and the stores who hire you have to re-count the inventory anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS.

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!