RGIS

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

No good for your family

Current Employee - District Manager
Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at RGIS full-time

Pros

Income. There is no other reason.

Cons

Hours. They expect the local office managers to work around the clock.

Need quality of life

463 Other Employee Reviews for RGIS (View Most Recent)

Random Pay For Random Hours

Current Employee - Team Leader in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Clark, NJ

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good for people who get bored easily. Different job every day in different locations

Cons

RGIS now uses ASET rating to pay people. Pay is tied to speed of counting. If you count fast, you can have your rating increased and get paid more per hour. However, if you don't keep the pace they set for you based on your rating, your pay will decrease to whatever rating level you're currently counting at.

Go back to the old system of hourly pay with regular raises. The rating system causes auditors to automatically go for the easiest/fastest areas to count which often leads to skipped areas having to be found at the end of inventories, as well as decreased concern for accuracy (which really isn't anyone's primary concern when their pay is involved). Under the old system, auditors had a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. Everything was done and if someone was stuck in a crappy area, people pitched in to help because we couldn't leave until everything was done and since it all had to get done, we helped others to finish the job. The new system is very much "every man for himself who cares about the store just as long as I keep my APH up" and seemingly causes more end of inventory issues with skipped and inaccurate areas than I noticed under the old system. In addition to that, APH should be calculated based on what an individual has counted. It's not fair to expect a person counting a messy box in the backroom of a store to keep the same APH as a person who is counting a hanger rack in the front. It DOESN'T always average out, especially if you keep getting chosen to count the crappiest areas in a store at every inventory.

Interesting job

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some fun people.

Cons

You may not get the hours you need to pay your bills.

Use the options that you give the employees. If you say be dressed a certain way and some employees are not, send them home. If you don't want tattoos showing then follow your own rules about it.

There are newer employer reviews for RGIS