Worst job ever

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Riverside, CA

I worked at RGIS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible shifts if you are a student.

Cons

Don't pay enough for all the travel you have to do. They don't pay you travel time unless you are the driver whether it takes an hour or 2 hours

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No good for your family

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at RGIS full-time

Pros

Income. There is no other reason.

Cons

Hours. They expect the local office managers to work around the clock.

Advice to Management

Need quality of life

Random Pay For Random Hours

Current Employee - Team Leader in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Clark, NJ

I have been working at RGIS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for people who get bored easily. Different job every day in different locations

Cons

RGIS now uses ASET rating to pay people. Pay is tied to speed of counting. If you count fast, you can have your rating increased and get paid more per hour. However, if you don't keep the pace they set for you based on your rating, your pay will decrease to whatever rating level you're currently counting at.

Advice to Management

Go back to the old system of hourly pay with regular raises. The rating system causes auditors to automatically go for the easiest/fastest areas to count which often leads to skipped areas having to be found at the end of inventories, as well as decreased concern for accuracy (which really isn't anyone's primary concern when their pay is involved). Under the old system, auditors had a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. Everything was done and if someone was stuck in a crappy area, people pitched in to help because we couldn't leave until everything was done and since it all had to get done, we helped others to finish the job. The new system is very much "every man for himself who cares about the store just as long as I keep my APH up" and seemingly causes more end of inventory issues with skipped and inaccurate areas than I noticed under the old system. In addition to that, APH should be calculated based on what an individual has counted. It's not fair to expect a person counting a messy box in the backroom of a store to keep the same APH as a person who is counting a hanger rack in the front. It DOESN'T always average out, especially if you keep getting chosen to count the crappiest areas in a store at every inventory.