There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

Not the best, not the worst

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Bentonville, AR
Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Bentonville, AR

I worked at RGIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a flexible environment where I could kind of take a longer lunch or come in later if I needed to. I also was salary, but could get paid hourly overtime if need be.

Cons

There was no room for advancement in my particular office which only had 2 employees.

Advice to Management

Give better opportunities for advancement.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Hard to believe the employment practices are LEGAL

Former Employee - Auditor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Auditor in Tampa, FL

I worked at RGIS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you absolutely cannot find something else or can only work odd hours, this is for you.

Cons

Horrible pay structure, you don't get paid for all the time you put in, bad equipment, poorly trained supervisors, challenging work conditions to say the least. You will work sometimes at very strange hours.
    When management implemented it's "merit / incentive" pay structure a couple of years ago, it has proven to be stacked against the employee having much chance to succeed to get increased pay.

Advice to Management

After all the technology improvements and policy changes, guess what? You still cannot conduct these inventories without human beings! Accept the fact and start compensating the employees in a fair-minded fashion.
    This used to be a great company. Tell the Blackstone capitalists to get their noses out of their wallets and learn what it takes to run a real business.

2. Ok job if you have no other options can be fun sometimes

Current Employee - Top Gun Auditor
    Current Employee - Top Gun Auditor

I have been working at RGIS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get raises faster if you are willing to work like a maniac. Counting cans brings me some strange pleasure now. You get paid minimum wage for riding in the van after the first hour so if you get a good seat (some times you only get half a seat or have to lay on the floor under the people) you can get paid too sleep. You get the last few months of the year off. Stores don't want you counting during their peak time starting the day after thanksgiving so you can just lay at home collective unemployment until jan 1 when you will start off the year working 24 hours a day for jan and feb (the stores want to know how much money they made in the holidays. If you like working in a different store every day you will like this job. Also you will have off most weekend as these are store busy time so you can party

Cons

Long hours of travel crammed on a crowded van. No breaks allowed. Counting clothing stores is mind numbing the stores double check your count and you can't be off by one. You have to show up thirty or 40 minute early to the jobs to make sure you get working equipment or else you won't be able to count fast. If you don't count fast you will get sent home two hours into the job. Only the fastest workers work until the job is done.

Advice to Management

The equipment is so broken it sometimes takes 30 minutes before work to find a working finger laser. Please fix it or get new stuff