There are newer employer reviews for RGIS

RGIS is going downhill fast with the new owners.

Current Employee - Auditor in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Auditor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

They let you work when ever you want, mainly because they can't keep the smart ambitious people employed. Usually the bosses leave you alone if you know what you are doing. This is a semi-good job for people who aren't social by nature and dislike small talk with fellow employees that you have no interest in seeing outside of work. If you are a valued employee, you can basically no-show and you won't get fired, again, because they are desperate for people to stay at the company because of the high quitting rates of the new hires. Stress level is only high if you care or let managers push you around.

Cons

Complaints: You have to drive all over and waste gas constantly for stores that only last two or three hours, travel stores are a complete waste of time, the new owners have cut all of the employee pay and have eliminated many positions in the company to make more money for the greedy CEO's and managers, you aren't seen as a human being most of the time, company complaints go unnoticed and you are ignored unless you have only positive feedback. If you are social and talk a lot, you will probably get in trouble on a daily basis because they want you to put your head down and count like a robot the entire time. A lot of the fellow employees are pretty dim. Aside from a select few, RGIS specializes in employing lazy and stupid people. Also, like most companies in the USA today, all of the major policy changes happen on an impersonal corporate level, so you can't even protest or make suggestions for the new changes at hand with your local managers, you just have to accept them because a lot of the managers are clueless and lack the courage and spine to stand up against the things they disagree with in the company (No one wants to rock the boat). Also, again, you are not seen as a person unless you can be a top employee and perfom for them. When I was lower on the totem pole as a new hire and was low-key on the radar I was basically treated like a piece of expendable garbage by the managers. Only when they realized they had something to gain from being nice to me did they treat me with any respect. Definitely not a long term job. Only work for RGIS if you need part time employment because of school or as a second job out of desperation. I don't see how people can afford to live and have RGIS be their careers. I could never work as a higher-up manager for RGIS because I would feel bad for the lower employees that are getting screwed over by the company's increasingly fascist policies. But this is only because I have a soul and try to see myself through other people's perspectives that are different than my own, something most corporate-careerist people lack nowadays. Ethics should be a requirement in public education from the beginning of schooling. This is why you see so many corrupt business practices in large companies that are currently socially acceptable. When you have a greedy, lazy populace, expect the same with the companies. The funny thing is the workers that are the ones getting screwed don't seem to care. It is truly sad when you sit and think about how people don't even care about what is happening to them anymore. Goodbye American dream, hello corporate fascism.

Advice to Management

This company's new policies are a glimpse in the future of the new American corporate structure. This is a warning, not a praise. Pay your hard working employees what they deserve and fire the useless, stupid people. If the good employees were treated better, they might actually care about the company and their job enough to stay and work hard. This would increase the company's financial growth and reputation. Schedule people closer to their places of residence if the store inventory duration is only going to be a couple of hours. The new store bonuses are a joke and only the dumb sheepish employees get excited about them. If you sat down and did the math, a fifty cent bonus for being a top counter on an eight hour shift is beyond pathetic for an American global corporation. Someone high up at RGIS either doesn't realize this or does realize this and is having a laugh at the expense of the employees that built the company with their sweat and hard work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Work work and no training and feedback

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

flexible time and good for the second job

Cons

no admiration and there are a lot of nepotism

Advice to Management

should give equal opportunity in regulation not only slogan

2. Do you enjoy stress?

I worked at RGIS

Pros

Very good benefits for salaried employees. Potential for advancement is OK. Varied work environments kept the work from becoming boring. Lots of customer and employee interaction makes for active management .

Cons

Varied work also meant varied work hours in order to keep customer commitments. If you are looking for a "9 to 5" this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Hourly employees (and sometimes field management) are not commodities. They are the reason you have the lion's share of the market. Treat them and customers as if your business depends upon them, because it does.