RGM Advisors, LLC

www.rgmadvisors.com
  www.rgmadvisors.com
There are newer employer reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC

Ideal company for techies with interests in finance.

I have been working at RGM Advisors, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-The firm went the extra mile to make the office a place employees WANT to go to every workday.
-At the same time, the firm is very supportive of flexible working arrangements (some people work primarily from home).
-At the end of the day, it is really a technology company (that makes money using its own financial trading systems).
-No customers and/or investors. The company is completely self-funded and funds operations through returns on its own investment activity.
-Due to the various smart policies and unique characteristics, including those listed above, everyone at the company seems “happier” than at any other companies I have worked for.

Cons

There is not a ladder of arbitrarily made up titles to climb and turnover seems very low for a financially related company (these are actually pros to me, but may be cons to individuals acclimated to the finance industry).

You have put together an awesome company by maintaining a very free and creative environment. At this point, introducing a higher level of standardization could help scalability (thinking more along the lines of operational/coding standardization than “dress code”).

10 Other Employee Reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC (View Most Recent)

Great Experience So Far!

I have been working at RGM Advisors, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It seems like there is a great work-life balance here at RGM, which was a huge factor for myself when looking for careers. The benefits they provide really are very competitive for the Austin area and make it an overall very attractive package. I love the laid back environment and like knowing if I want or need to speak with upper management for anything, they are right down the hall (which isn't very common in companies anymore!) Overall I am very pleased with RGM thus far and look forward to growing my career with them!

Cons

No cons that I have experienced since starting

Great experience

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher in Austin, TX

I have been working at RGM Advisors, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I recently joined as a quant researcher, and my experience so far has been great! The people are both smart and kind. Everyone is very competent and supportive so, if you ever run into an obstacle outside of your area of expertise, you can count on the support of smart colleagues. It is an exciting atmosphere and the problem space is extremely rich. There is room for improvement everywhere, yet the complexity is such that every problem requires a good deal of insight. In short, if you like math, playing with lots of data and working on hard problems, this is the ideal job. Also worth mentioning is the fact that the IT infrastructure is top-notch and well supported, so that is unlikely to ever stand in your way.

The offices are very nice and offer great views of Austin. Also, each floor has a kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks, and each kitchen has a different coffee maker. The atmosphere is casual, and the hours very flexible.

Cons

If you are really into what you do, it will be hard to force yourself to take breaks (although there is no expectation that you will overwork yourself whatsoever!).

There are newer employer reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC