Good.... not great

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of projects at good companies. Great work-life balance, most projects are 40 hrs per week. Really good for someone who doesn't need to rely on full time income.

Cons

Great if you are a self starter and independent - the client service directors who place you in the jobs rarely check in with you unless there is a problem. There is favoritism, you are more likely to be placed if you are in good with the client service directors. Not much opportunity for advancement. Often longer periods of time between projects than you'd like.

Other Employee Reviews for RGP

1. Excellent Experience

Former Contractor - Human Capital Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Human Capital Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at RGP as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They act on the consultants behalf to ensure a good fit between the individual and client. I had interesting projects and felt like a valued contributor. My professional experience was recognized and respected.

Cons

Like any consulting role, especially in the economy at that time, there would be some down time between assignments But I always felt that they were looking for opportunities to match my background.

Positive experience, great colleagues, good work - life balance

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at RGP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their unique busiess model, comprised of seasoned industry professionals who enjoy consulting and project project. Assignments are of reasonable duration, internal champions work closely with consultants to maintain continunitity between assignments. Salary is competitive and good benefits.

Cons

Can feel disconnected from the firm if at a client too long; should establish more frequent and scheduled contact with consultant in the field. These contacts should not be on the "consultants time" .

Advice to Management

Host more frequent regional office in-person meetings vs. on-line thereby bringing all consultants together from time to time.