There are newer employer reviews for RGP

Client Service Director

Former Employee - Director of Client Service in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Director of Client Service in Austin, TX

I worked at RGP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work with great companies, high quality talent, great alternative to either consulting on your own or working with a temp firm. Offers flexibility and allows the consultant to pick and choose their assignmens

Cons

You need to be committed to the business model. There is no pay for time in between projects and depending on the office, you could be on the bench for a while.

Offer several different employment options for consultants. Maybe higher hourly rate in lieu of medical benefits?

165 Other Employee Reviews for RGP (View Most Recent)

Good.... not great

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RGP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Variety of projects at good companies. Great work-life balance, most projects are 40 hrs per week. Really good for someone who doesn't need to rely on full time income.

Cons

Great if you are a self starter and independent - the client service directors who place you in the jobs rarely check in with you unless there is a problem. There is favoritism, you are more likely to be placed if you are in good with the client service directors. Not much opportunity for advancement. Often longer periods of time between projects than you'd like.

Excellent Experience

Former Employee - Human Capital Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Human Capital Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at RGP as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They act on the consultants behalf to ensure a good fit between the individual and client. I had interesting projects and felt like a valued contributor. My professional experience was recognized and respected.

Cons

Like any consulting role, especially in the economy at that time, there would be some down time between assignments But I always felt that they were looking for opportunities to match my background.

There are newer employer reviews for RGP