There are newer employer reviews for RGP

Excellent ...... so far

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at RGP as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It's a consulting role based on hourly rate but they provide full benefits, including medical insurance, 401(k), employee stock options etc. So you have the liberty of working on different assignments whiel having sense of working like a regular employee

Cons

Downtime may be more than desired but most of the fellow consultants I talked with remain busy with assignments for more then 10 years.

I think management is doing pretty well.

162 Other Employee Reviews for RGP (View Most Recent)

Management Consultant

Current Employee - Management Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RGP as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Variety of assignments. Ability to preview companies you might consider working for directly. Focus is on accomplishing tasks, not becoming involved in office politics. Take assignments that truly fit your skills. Paid by the hour, and overtime is time and a half. We all work long hours, by in consulting, you are compensated for them.

Cons

Down time between assignments can be longer than desired. Some people in the client organization may feel threatened by the presence of a consultant - the "why does management think we need you" mind set. of course, insecure people are going to be insecure with their fellow employees as well.

RGP is a great company to work for! They look for experienced talent, who want to work. No young college kids trying to figure out what they want to be when (if) they grow up.

Client Service Director

Former Employee - Director of Client Service  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Client Service in Austin, TX

I worked at RGP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with great companies, high quality talent, great alternative to either consulting on your own or working with a temp firm. Offers flexibility and allows the consultant to pick and choose their assignmens

Cons

You need to be committed to the business model. There is no pay for time in between projects and depending on the office, you could be on the bench for a while.

Offer several different employment options for consultants. Maybe higher hourly rate in lieu of medical benefits?

There are newer employer reviews for RGP

Worked for RGP? Contribute to the Community!