RGP

There are newer employer reviews for RGP

Positive overall

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RGP as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

I feel I am respected and well treated as an "asset" and re: pay and benefits. I have confidence that I am known by inside staff as to my capabilities and get considered for projects as they arise without me worrying about bugging them to stay aware of me.

Cons

If someone doesn't understand the business model, it isn't going to work for them. You have no assurances when or how long a project is going to last but that comes with the territory. I am not confident that that RGP is getting the word out to the business community as to how the model works. Too many people have never heard of us.

Be careful on how your benefit coverages evolve given Obamacare. There are those that love the benefits but if you curtail them and Obamacare creates other options, your Consultants have less reason to sit on the bench waiting for a project.

175 Other Employee Reviews for RGP (View Most Recent)

Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at RGP as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

You can choose to take assignment based on your criteria, Flexible management, Professional, Senior Level Positions, Exposure to different industries, benefits

Cons

May be downtime between assignments, vacation time is earned as you work - none provided at beginning of assignments

High Priced Staffing Company

I have been working at RGP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you work in the office you can work with some great people depending on which office you work in.
    They do seem very understanding of work life balance.

Cons

RGP is losing market share every day because of their pricing. 98% of what Resources does is interim engagements "staffing" when a client needs an experienced person to fill in or work on a project. Very rarely do they lead or provide a methodology. Their rates are substantially higher than their competitors with no additional value. Clients are figuring this out and not using RGP like they used too.

There has been a lot of turnover in sales/ client service teams over the last few years. The client service members that used to drive a lot of business have moved on because they lost faith in management and model. RGP is not investing in the right business development team members.

Some people in the offices and upper management do very little for large pay checks and bonuses.

Consultant turnover and attracting the right talent is a big problem since consultants experience a lot of downtime meaning no pay on the bench and hourly rates are not in line with market. Consultants can make more money, stay busier, and receive comparable benefits working for other staffing companies. There appears to be no strategy or investment for recruiters to find the right talent or try to attract the right talent.

Bottom line changing the pricing structure will help with a lot of issues. RGP can win more work therefore keeping consultants busier and paying them closer to market hopefully retaining assets.

Upper management has been around for a long time. They don't have any fresh ideas. It's time to mix it up.

There are newer employer reviews for RGP