There are newer employer reviews for RGP

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at RGP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity is good and everyone is very professional.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Balance was great so there is nothing to share with Management. I only wish that another opportunity was available for me to be a part of the staff again.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good consulting firm for the Fortune 100

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at RGP (More than 5 years)

Pros

Client base primarily in the Fortune 100, mid level accounting positions. Good benefits, high quality consultants

Cons

If you're looking for higher level projects, this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

More investment in business development, not just maintenance of existing client base.

Big on vision, short on execution

Current Contractor - Consultant
    Current Contractor - Consultant

I have been working at RGP as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, supportive employee culture.

Cons

The company is trying to branch out with their consultation delivery model into new markets, such as Information Management, conflict minerals, and other areas. Historically, RGP has positioned itself well as a staffing firm in these areas, but has not yet invested the right amount of effort, money or focus to ascend into the highly competitive consultative arena. Investment in building these "new" areas for the company is weak and cautious - the general consensus is to first make money in a new field, then invest. Cart is before the horse, limiting options for consultants on the bench and missing opportunities for sorely needed revenue growth for middle management. Result: word on the street is the Big Four firms are eating our lunch.

Advice to Management

Either consider investing in the market development you wish to grow, or hobble it and remain on a flat growth curve. Net net we will get what we pay for. The stock price reflects this reality, and as of the last earnings call shareholders are clearly getting bored, and lack significant interest in the future of the company. This should be a wake up call.