There are newer employer reviews for RGP

"On the Bench" after an initial short term assignment

I have been working at RGP

Pros

RGP has the potential for opportunities for professional growth through projects with a variety of consulting assignments. There is the possibility to experience different industries. Salary and benefit structure is acceptable, with the benefits kicking in only after a 3 month wait.

Cons

You can not be sure that you will have another assignment when you complete your current one; I was hired for a short term assignment in order to the engagement to be signed. Afterward, no new assignment - so I'm on the bench... and its is not a good feeling. I am left high and dry; and limited or no contact with me after that initial engagement.

Be aware of the consultant who is hired and then their skill-set may not always be in demand - what happens then? You are not aware that your consultants are your main resource and they need to be mentally, emotionally and financially rewarded when "on the bench" and unassigned.

165 Other Employee Reviews for RGP (View Most Recent)

Not at all bad, for contracting

I have been working at RGP

Pros

For a contracting company, they have almost full-time benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc, 401k, and vacation). Though you do have to wait 60 days.
    Pay is competitive for the field.

Cons

No Bench support. If you are not on contract, you are unemployed. That means you have to keep looking, and though they say they want to keep their people, there is no motivation for you to stay with them between contracts.

Maybe offer a 'half pay' option to people on the bench, that or have some sort of make-work for them.

Not a great place to work!

I worked at RGP

Pros

Great place to work if you don't really need to work and unpaid benchtime is ok with you.

Cons

Low hourly rate, unpaid benchtime, viewed only as a way to make the company money. No career advancement.

The leadership was lucky to ride the SOX wave, but is floundering now that the economy is in trouble.

There are newer employer reviews for RGP