There are newer employer reviews for RGS Associates

RGS Disconnect between Middle Mgmt and Client

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at RGS Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary; Gave opportunities to shine; Performed the on-site mission

Cons

Immediate supervisor gave the impression that she felt threatened by my skills; Chose to capitalize on a misunderstanding that ultimately led to my dismissal despite the fact that the on-site director was more than pleased with my performance and contribution (2004-5)

Company growth and market potential shouldn't be sacrificed by the narrow-mindedness of some in lower management.

12 Other Employee Reviews for RGS Associates (View Most Recent)

Great potential, great intent, so-so execution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at RGS Associates

Pros

Family atmosphere, open-door policy actually works, great community contributor. Challenging, meaningful work usually available to junior people. Aggressive promotion opportunities at lower ranks. L&D opportunities and encouragement are plentiful. Great communications up and down hierarchy.

Cons

Small company in tough economic environment, not much cushion. Does a lot of staff augmentation work but bills self as management consultants. Bold in ideas but timid in execution--very slow to bring about important, needed changes.

Execute, execute, execute. Many promises about changes in core company processes are made by management, but most fizzle out or wither on the vine. Need to see upper managers more often to make me feel like part of the company and not part of the customer.

Room for Improvement, but overall a good place to be

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at RGS Associates

Pros

RGS is extremely supportive and good to their employees with regard to balancing work-life and family issues. I have never had a hard time taking personal time or managing my schedule in a manner that suited me. Management really cares about the employees and tries hard to make a personal connection with each employee -- and maintain that connection. The company has grown a lot in the last several years and transformed itself from a very technical firm to an IT firm to a true consultancy.

Cons

Middle management, ie the project/account managers are often undertrained and undermentored and do not do a good enough job providing meaningful feedback and challenging work to their teams. Many PMs "hog" tasks that could easily be distributed to other team members and do not do a good enough job giving their team members opportunities to shine.

Promotions, done on an individual basis, can often seem to favor certain people or certain managers over others. There is little to no transparency in the process and it can be hard to know where one stands.

Train and mentor your middle management/PMs better and hold them accountable for results.

There are newer employer reviews for RGS Associates

Worked for RGS Associates? Contribute to the Community!