There are newer employer reviews for RGS Energy

Good people in the trenches. Very weak executive management.

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at RGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent, knowledgeable people where the rubber hits the road (technicians, installers, service).

Cons

Lot's of M&A without the executive talent needed to integrate the new companies. Execs are out of touch with what is happening in local markets. Lots of turnover among the good managers, leaving only the weak ones hanging on.

Advice to Management

Each market is different. Hire competent regional managers, get out of their way and let them do their thing. A centrally managed bureaucracy rarely works at any company and is particularly bad in a rapidly evolving industry which is very different in each geography.

Other Employee Reviews for RGS Energy

A company with heart and solar.

Current Employee - Solar Power Consultant in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Solar Power Consultant in Louisville, CO

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros include an amazing group of people who are passionate about the work they do. Its an honor to make a positive contribution in solving the environmental crisis facing our planet. I love being part of an organization that is a key player in one of the fastest growing and rapidly evolving industries in the world.

Cons

Growing pains. Too many M&A's in relatively short time. We are lacking in a unified culture across the board, and do not always work together as constructively as we could.

Advice to Management

Foster better interdepartmental communication and focus more on training and sharing of best practices across the board.

One of the original solar companies trying to modernize to the crazy new solar market

Current Employee - Solar Power Consultant
    Current Employee - Solar Power Consultant

I have been working at RGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company history Great brand recognition with solar enthusiasts and hippies

Cons

Identity crisis due to many acquisitions and internal changes

Advice to Management

Refocus on training. You are no longer the smartest or most trustworthy solar company because your new hires are not properly trained