The experience is very Enriching with a lot of scope for Learning, networking and personal development

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Rochester, NY

I worked at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work place lets you interact with people from diverse academic and demographic backgrounds. People are eager to work with you and it is a great environment for collaborative work.

Cons

The work environment is too laid back and some people like me find the pace just a bit slow.

Other Reviews for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

A good part time job, relatively good pay and satisfying work.

Current Employee - Student Lab Instructor  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Student Lab Instructor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

Pros

Being an SLI is a great opportunity. It doesn't take too much time, and it pays well for a part time job. You get to work directly with students and faculty, and reinforce all the learning you did as a freshman.

Cons

Grading is the worst part of the job, as it takes time, is tedious, and can be frustrating, especially when students turn in poor work. Grading software projects and labs is some of the hardest grading to do, as there are a million ways something can go wrong, and sometimes a million ways to take points off that you have to consider. The grading guides can also be less than helpful, and are often too harsh.

I think more people need to be made aware of the excellent opportunities available as an SLI. Hardly anyone knows the great pay and reasonable hours we get, as well as what good work it is.

Learnt many new things

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

Pros

Flexible Timings, Competitive Salary,Good work environment.

Cons

Not allowed to work from home!

There are newer employer reviews for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Worked for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)? Contribute to the Community!