RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

www.rit.edu
  www.rit.edu
There are newer employer reviews for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

research assistant in RIT

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I as an research assistant can manage my time on my own. And my advisor is nice

Cons

Not too much challenge (if you do not push yourself).

159 Other Employee Reviews for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (View Most Recent)

Those who ignore history...

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great technical reputation, access to latest technology, industry connections, wonderful people. Has a rich history of producing technically competent employees. Focus on giving students work experience (coops) is an excellent advantage for students and maintains important relations between RIT and many of the businesses of the world.

Cons

New focus on research removing faculties' connections with students. Emphasis on retention (without influx of top level students) gives faculty an ambiguous message. Make our students "the best" but don't make the courses "too difficult." Work that makes a good environment for students and fellow faculty and staff does not count (nor does teaching). No PhD, no status. Blah, blah...

Boldly declare a move to lecturers for most instruction, and let the rest of the tenured and tenure track faculty do their research. Or, decide "Hey, this was a bad idea - we're not meant to be R1" and go back to supporting instruction, faculty, students, and the work environment.

Great people, great environment

Current Employee - IT Computer Repait Resnet in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - IT Computer Repait Resnet in Rochester, NY

I have been working at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They take care of their employees, raises based on merit, always hire/promote from the inside. Pay is very reasonable

Cons

technical knowledge is needed. Also, they tend to hire students/graduates of RIT before outside

There are newer employer reviews for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)